Nycki's Trunk: American Girl Grace's Bakery

Hey Everyone!  I'm here to share the reveal of our American Girl Grace's Bakery!  Nycki absolutely loves it and plays with everything all the time.  If you're looking for plans to build your own you can visit American Girl Ideas.  She was a complete inspiration for this project, and without her plans this build would have never happened!  If you missed the previous post on our build you can find that here.  But here is the Bakery in all it's glory!  We love it!



Caroline welcomes you to Nycole's Bakery!



I painted the black sign above the door in chalkboard paint and used a chalkboard marker to write on her sign.  I love that she can change it whenever she wants to.



I also similarly followed the plans by American Girl Ideas for the bistro table.  We're still on the look out for a couple chairs to go with it. For the menu holder, I found an Eiffel Tower key chain on Amazon.  I took the chain off and then put the ring through the top and glued it in place.  The menus slide in between the key ring. I printed the menus from the Fun with AG Fan website, and then used packing tape to laminate them.



I printed the boxes and bags printable and the signs printable from American Girl Ideas as well.  I found a couple frames at hobby lobby, painted them white, and then glued the printable to the back.  I hung it on the wall of the bakery with a command strip so that it could be removed if wanted.



I made an apron to kind of match the one that Grace has for her pastry cart.  I hung a small command hook on the side wall and hung it up there.  You can also see the small chalk board signs that I painted on the back of the small doors to display menu's or messages for the customers.




We went halves with my mom on the Our Generation Doll Kitchen for Nycki for Christmas.  Nycki really loves her kitchen.  She loves taking it all out and putting it back together.




I made a bunch of different treats that I based off of the American Girl treats that come with the bakery and pastry cart.  You can see some in the fridge.  I used Crayola Air Dry Clay to make the treats.  A couple days after they were dry, I painted them and then once they were dry I used modge podge to protect them.  After about a month they're still doing pretty good!  I made a bakery island similar to the American Girl Ideas one, but a little different.  I didn't want to make mine too angular or curved, I know my limitations with wood working.





Only the top counter is rounded.  I painted all the counters for the bakery to "look" like granite.  I love how they came out!  My mom suggested the base of the island be painted blue to match the wall of the bakery.  I love the pop of color!

Speaking about counters, the side counter for the bakery was also painted to look like granite.



I printed the "La Patisserie Menu", laminated it with packing tape, hole punched it, and then hung it with baker's twine on the side.  It's currently hanging with another sign that I made using the frames from hobby lobby that I painted silver.  Inside the sign I printed "Nycole's Bakery" to match the sign on the front of the bakery.



Both of the signs are hanging on a hook that we installed into the side of the bakery to hang things on.  It was at Hobby Lobby for only $1.50!



I cut out a small sign with my Silhouette Portrait to hang from the front door handles.  The handles were leftovers from our kitchen reno.  One side says "Open" and the other says "Closed".  I punched a hole at the top and hung it with some baker's twine, of course!



And that's pretty much it!  I'll have pictures and tutorials of some of the things I made to go in the bakery, so stay tuned!  What do you think?  Didn't it come out great!  We love it!






Have fun!





P.S. I want to send a HUGE shout out to American Girl Ideas for the plans, the printables, and inspiration to make this amazing Bakery.  Thank you so much!

Comments

  1. I think your absolutely AMAZING and Nycole is lucky to have such a talented and patient mommy who would do all this for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mom wrote that comment on christi's account but it really is amazing. love you Ec. Mallory

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts