Playground Revamp

Hey Everyone!  How are you doing?  I just finished the kitchen, and also the Master Bathroom (reveal coming soon!), but now I'm switching gears and heading outside.  When Lowe's had a sale on picket fence posts, I urged Josh to get them, saving us about $20.  Because I'm massively impatient, I jumped right in and started working on it.  This is what we had to work with.

My first order of business was to sand and stain the inside of the upstairs section.  It took me three hours to do this part after working a 10hr shift and teaching the kids in the morning.  I woke up that night with a severely sore shoulder, so I'd recommend doing all this in chunks rather then the whole bunch that I did.  Luckily that day I had LOADS of help!  Kids from before had written their names all over the inside and Nycki didn't like that.  So I had her help me with the sanding to remove the names.

The next day I sanded and stained the outside of the playground including the swing area on the right.  It took me about 5 hours this day.  Luckily for me my arm didn't hurt as much after this day, maybe because I tried to use my left arm as much as possible.  The roof and rafters on the upper section are waiting for when Josh is available.  I don't do heights!

The next step was digging out underneath the playground.  One of the problems this playground was having was the constant weed whacking taking chunks out of the legs.  We're going to put down weed barrier and then put down some pavers and gravel.

A couple weeks before starting this revamp I measured and planned out what we were going to do.  Using those plans I started framing out the bottom section using my kreg jig to attach the pieces to the legs and base.

Stay tuned for more of an update!

Have fun!


Popular Posts