Long Weekend Recap

Hey Everyone!  I worked a 16hr shift a couple weekends ago, which afforded me a long weekend this past weekend.  First we started off the long weekend with clearing out the living room of everything except the couches in preparation for some ceiling painting.  Yuck!




We used Glidden ceiling paint.  It turns from pink to white when dry.  People, please stay away from this paint.  It was thick, it dried too quickly to the point that Josh didn't know where I had painted after I had gone around the edges.  It was super thin and didn't cover very well.  We made it work though and got it done.  It's not perfect, thank you old house.  But finally after 5 years it's done!  

My next project was painting a picture mat that was in a picture frame I had painted.  I had originally painted the frame the dark gray but didn't like it very much for the frame.  I believe it was from the amazing blog Shanty 2 Chic that I learned to use petroleum jelly in various places and then paint a coat of paint to get a rustic/worn look. Once the paint dries you can rub off the places where the jelly was. This gives you an aged affect that looks really cool.  The mat was originally a pinkish mauve color, aka not my color.  My wonderful babysitter knew of a friend that had painted mats before so I decided to give it a try.



I painted on two coats of the dark gray paint that the frame originally had been painted.  I let the paint fully dry for twenty four hours before I put it into the frame, with the awesome help of my husband.  And it came out great!


Next we had purchased this clock at Christmas Tree Shops while we were on vacation. The only problem I had was the copper color.  At the same time of painting the mat, I carefully painted the clock the same dark gray.



Once the gray had dried a day later.  I used the petroleum jelly on the clock as well.


Then I gave it a quick coat of white paint and it waited for it to dry.  Once it was dry I rubbed it with a clean rag to remove the paint at the areas where the jelly had been.  And that was that for that project!





Didn't it come out great?  I love it!

Last but not least I started on a project that's going to take a little while.  If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed my dilemma on my washer and dryer area. I ended up taking some cement and filling in the holes that were there.  That gave the wall a smoother look to it.  I'm giving it a week before I start painting it, just to make sure it's completely dry.  It's going to look so much better when it's done!

Before...



After...



A long weekend with a lot of projects.  It's coming along and looking so good!

What do you do on your long weekends?

Comments

Popular Posts