Utah Kitchen Renovation: Part 1

Hey Everyone!  A year ago I was working on my kitchen.  Now a year later, I'm doing the exact same thing, just in a different house across the country!  It's amazing how much life can change in a year!  When we bought the house, we knew that we were going to have to put in a little work to the kitchen.  It was ok, but not where we wanted it to be.  While we would have loved to do a full kitchen overhaul, it was just not financially in the cards for us.

First thing we did was remove the doors and drawers from the cabinets.  We first needed to fill in holes and dings in the wood of the cabinets.  When we went to Lowes I found a new wood filler patch I wanted to try.



I typically use 3M wood filler.  This Elmer wood filler changes color when dry.  When you first put it on it goes on purple and then when it dries it dries normal wood color.  It worked pretty well as far as the product is concerned.  The container though does not have an air tight seal, so it'll go dry pretty quickly when you're not using it.  I filled all the dings and holes and waited until they were dry.









After it was dry, it was time to sand.  Once the sanding was done then you need to clean off the dust.  Josh and I used damp rags with buckets to wipe away the dust and then let it dry.  Next up was to touch up any areas to putty, then sand, then clean again.  Next step...painting!

Stay tuned for more updates on the Utah Kitchen Renovation!

Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts