New Life, New House

Hey Everyone!  We've been super busy with life over here.  The end of July our contract on a house was accepted.  While I am extremely excited, I was also a bit nervous.  I've done this before and I'm always anticipating that "dun dun dun" moment.  Call me pessimistic if you wish, but I'm waiting for it whatever it is.  I sometimes can't believe that I've moved to Utah.  I'll see the weatherman point to the state and say where am I?  Oh right, I've moved.  In a couple weeks we close on our new house, and I'm all excited and already worn out.  Our lease isn't up on our apartment until the end of October, which is great because it gives us plenty of time to work on things around the house.  Mainly painting.  But before I get into that I bet you'd like to see a couple pictures, am I right?  These are just a few I took while we were visiting for our home inspection.



We feel incredibly blessed to be buying this house.  We can't wait for it to actually be ours.  It has 5 bedrooms and 2 3/4 bathrooms.  The three bedrooms upstairs will be our personal rooms, the 4th bedroom will be our office/craft room and the 5th bedroom will be our school room/guest room.  It's got tons of storage space, a playroom for the kids, a big backyard, and a playground.  Sometimes we feel like we're in a dream (it's been rough living in the apartment).  Our main project for the house is painting the interior.  If you've been following along for a while our style tends to go more towards a nautical/neutral tendency with a side of kids thrown in there.  Most of the walls are an off white color in the house now, which really isn't our style.  We'd like to paint most of the walls a light gray throughout the house.  The kitchen has seen better days, but for now we're going to make the most of it until we can save up to replace it.  The cupboards are going to be getting a little face lift including some ship lap, trim, and paint.  The pantry, coat closet, and linen closet will all be painted white to make them feel bigger and brighter.  The bedrooms will all be painted as well.  One thing I did get a picture of was the Master Bathroom sink.  I'm going to use what is leftover from painting the kitchen cupboards to paint the bottom of the vanity.


Eventually we'd like to replace the vanity, but that's not a high priority for us right now.  What is a priority for us is getting a couple bathroom vents placed into the ceilings in the two bathrooms upstairs.  I really don't know why that isn't a normal thought process with people.  Just because it has a window does not mean the room is getting proper ventilation.  There is a little drywalling and some work to be done downstairs, but it's nothing we can't handle.  First we need to close on the house, and then move the things out of storage shed so we can get the tools.  I'm looking forward to a lot of elbow grease and a sore shoulder.  Once we have the keys I'll be sure to take some proper pictures and show you all!  Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Have fun!





Comments

Popular Posts