Star Wars Party

Hey Everyone!  Have you seen the newest Star Wars movie?  We just recently had a Star Wars Party to anticipate seeing it.  When it came out in theaters we were in the process of moving and didn't get a chance to see it, so when we were able to we pre-ordered it through Amazon and it got here that day it came out!  We waited until Sunday when we both would be together to see it.  Since we had to wait, I wanted to make a day out of it and make it into something special.

In the morning we had "Princess Leia Buns".  Also known as cinnamon rolls.



For decorations I made a sign that says "May the Force be With You".  I downloaded the Star Wars font onto my old computer, and then used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out the letters and the background shape for the banner.



I also made a BB8 lantern.  I first saw the lantern on Pinterest and had to give it a try.  Stay tuned for a mini tutorial on that!


After church we came home and I did Nycki's hair to match Rey's hair.


We played Pin the Lightsaber on Yoda.  I drew Yoda and then the kids helped me color him in.  I won!


Later on we let the kids watch the 5th Star Wars movie.  They've only seen the 4th and 5th ones.  They're still really young and we're trying to protect their little eyes from things they don't need to be seeing yet.  Later on when it got dark we made lightsabers out of long glow sticks.  They were a bit flimsy, but it worked out alright.




We turned out the lights and had a "fight".  The kids liked having these while they lasted, just be careful you don't whip someone with those long lightsabers, they hurt!




After the kids went to bed we stayed up to watch Star Wars The Force Awakens.  We're throwing around some theories, but it was a very good movie!

Have fun!


Comments

Popular Posts