Kitchen Renovation: Landbridge Removed

Hey Everyone!  Today's update comes about the landbridge.  Well, that's what I've called it.  It's basically a shelf that goes from one set of cabinets on the left to the right.  When we bought the house it had a light that plugged into the one outlet.  We removed the light after the kids were done bottle feeding.



We had kept a couple things up there over the years, but they became dusty and weren't used.  I was hoping, and I was right, taking it down would open up the space.



The weird part about the landbridge was that crown moulding on the front was three different pieces put together.  I don't know if you can see it here, but here is a picture of what I mean.



I took a hammer and removed the crown moulding first, then I used the hammer and hit the shelf up to remove it from the side pieces.  It was only being held on by one nail, that's right ONE nail.  Then I used my chisel tool to remove the side pieces.



I did my best not to damage the cupboards.  And that was that for now.  They still need to be sanded and patched, but it already looks so much better.  What do you think?





We're still waiting to hear from electricians and should know by the end of next week.  That'll determine what we're doing about a light above the sink.  We'll either put a pendant light or a wall sconce.  We'll have to see.
HEKTAR Pendant lamp IKEA This lamp gives a pleasant atmosphere for dining, spreading direct light across your dining or bar table.allen + roth Hainsbrook 8-in W 1-Light Antique Pewter Arm Hardwired Wall Sconce













                                    via                                            via


I'd much prefer the ikea pendant light.  But we'll see.  Thanks for listening and stay tuned for more updates!

Have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts