Spring Mantel 2015

Hey Everyone!  Happy Spring!  Well, at least it is here in Virginia.  Trees and plants are flowering.  Poison ivy is growing... say what!?  Yeah, we're killing us some poison ivy that's growing next to the house, yuck!  It's been raining off and on today with a high of 79 degrees.  Not too bad!

While everyone on the blogosphere has been posting spring house tours I've been looking around at our house and laughing out loud.  There's no way I'd be able to doing one now.  We've sold our old bedroom set, baby bouncer, my first wedding dress (long story), among other things.  We're prepping for a yard sale so we can continue with all these lovely projects I like to get myself into.  In the meantime I wanted to get in on the whole spring thing, so I decided to decorate our mantel.





The black chalkboard is a 1x12 I cut to size and painted with three layers of chalkboard paint.  It's a great piece because I can use it for any holiday or party.  I found the little bird at Michael's for 50% off!  It's a coral bird with cute little details on its wings.




The bucket is one I had from our wedding.  I filled it with "grass" and put a few eggs into it.




The pitcher I also found at Michael's for 50% off.  I put some styrofoam inside and then pushed in a few fake branch twigs I had from our wedding.  I love the shape of the pitcher and the details around the top.




Next to the pitcher is a candle I got for Christmas a few years back from Bath and Body Works.  What do you think?




Have fun!

 


Comments

Popular Posts