The Bedroom Plan


Hey Everyone!  I've been doing a little dreaming lately on how I'd like our bedroom to be.  We want to have a cohesive bedroom that we feel we can relax in and be ourselves in.  Since most everything in the room is what we came into the marriage with we decided that it might be time to change to the room to be something that was more for US.


First step will be to fully plan everything.  We want to build our own headboard and box spring surround.  We're going to build something like this, just not tuffeted.

 via

We like the feel of this room as well.


I like the dark gray accent wall behind the bed

We'll use this great linen fabric from Joann's.  Since we have dark walls that I love, I don't want to use something too dark, but I don't want to use something too light either.  I plan on finding my wood at Lowes.  I read on pinterest that you can use egg crate to form your foam for your headboard.  It's a much cheaper alternative and it can cover a bigger board, depending on what size you get.

Once the headboard is built we'll determine how much space we have left over on the sides for the nightstands.  It'd probably be about 18-20 inches.  If you've looked for some this size that is all drawers and 30 inches high that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, it's impossible.  So we're going to use Ana White's amazing plans to build our own, but alter them slightly to fit our theme better.



For the dressers we want to go with a large dresser like this one from ikea for me.



HEMNES 8-drawer dresser IKEA Smooth running drawers with pull-out stop. If you want to organize inside you can complement with SKUBB box, set of 6.
via

Because I do have a job and I am a girl I do have a lot of clothes.  Or rather a lot of clothes categories.  So we'll be purchasing one of these dressers for me as well.  We'll put it in place of the mirror.  We're also getting one of these for Josh for his clothes.  He hangs more of his clothes and doesn't have as much either.


HEMNES 6-drawer chest IKEA Smooth running drawer with pull-out stop. If you want to organize inside you can complement with SKUBB box, set of 6.

We're not going to do any painting except for the back of the door (which is green for some reason) and maybe touching up the trim.  We love the color of the walls and the black long curtains that make the room feel taller but keep it dark.  First step is to take pictures and sell things on Craigslist.  Wish me luck!

Have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts