Kids Bedroom: Letters

Hey Everyone!  We have just finished the kids bedroom and it came out amazing!  This past month has been a whirlwind of a month.  The house fell through for us, so we decided to finish paying off our school debt and then look for our dream home.  For now we're just going to stay put and keep working at our Dave Ramsey plan.  Then we ALL got sick with some virus.  It wasn't the flu I don't believe, but we were all out for the count.  It took a couple weeks to completely recover.  Then this whole bedroom thing and Josh's work took up of all our time this past week.  But I'm back!

We wanted to do this room refresh for the kids for some time.  Nycki just wasn't fitting in her crib mattress anymore.  She's gotten so big!   I wanted to use as much as I could from their nursery so that we could save money, but also to keep those sentimental pieces.  One of the things I did was to take the letters of their names and make them into their own style according to the theme we were giving them.

 
 
 
For Nycole, I spray painted her letters pink.  I used this Krylon spray paint called Short Cuts.  It looks neon pink in the picture, but it's more of a medium pink.


Two coats later and 24 hours of drying and it was good to go.  I used some Disney Princess scrapbook stickers to decorate them with.  They kind of have a 3D affect to them, so they really stood out.


 Then I used the same Short Cuts spray paint in black for Turin's letters.




It's hard to see his letters, but they came out all black.  Then I took some comic books that Josh gave me and traced the letters onto them.  I cut out the letter and then glued them onto the front of them.  I tried to get as much Spiderman into the letter as I could.  I think they came out great!


To hang them up on the wall I used 3M Command Large Picture Hanging Strips.


I put one on each piece.  A couple of them I had to trim to size.  Follow the instructions and you should have no problem.  
 
To make sure everything lined up right I placed a piece of painters tape on the wall and eyeball leveled it.  I'd step back and then adjust it a couple times.  I wanted the letters to be level with my eye, not with the world.

 
I did the same thing for Turin's letters too and made sure it lined up with Nycki's letters too.



What do you think of the blue wall?  Once everything was lined up I started placing the letters on by putting the middle up first and then the other letters going out from the middle.  That way I spaced them out evenly. Here is Nycole's letters.



Very cute and very girly!  And here is Turin's.



So cute, and they go great with his Spiderman theme!  What do you think?

Have fun!





Comments

Popular Posts