The Start to a Nightstand

Hey Everyone!  Things are getting cleaned up and organized down in the basement.  You can actually walk around and do some things!  And one of those things was this nightstand/table that I found at a local consignment sale.


It doesn't look like much.  But I could see the potential.  I got this little thing for only $4.80!  I brought it home and took it outside to give it a little bit of sanding.


I started sanding it with an 80 grit sand paper.  The paint clumped and peeled right off.  Josh was freaking out that it was lead paint.  The table didn't seem that old, and it wasn't cracked or peeling before I started sanding.  It just started peeling because I was sanding.  Well, as I was sanding the table it started coming apart.  And then I tried taking it the rest of the way apart.  I ended up splitting one of the legs in half and breaking the bottom shelf.  BUT, the top I saved.  With 45 minutes of sanding and a 60 grit piece of sandpaper I was successfully able to remove all the paint from the top, sides, and bottom of the top piece.


Now I just have a nightstand top.  It's not worth it to try to fix or strip the legs.  So now what?  What do I do to make my munchkin a nightstand?  In February we plan on upgrading her to a full size bed.  But what to do with this?  Hmmmm...

I love love love Queen Anne legs.  But I also like Cabriole Legs.  Both are very expensive.  I want to give this table some function as well as beauty without breaking the bank.  Any sugguestions?

Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts