Spray Paint Extravaganza

Hey Everyone!  I've been going a little spray paint crazy lately.  I've spray painted my craft organizer to match my accent color scheme in my craft area.  Now I've moved onto a little drawer system and an old laundry basket.

I got the little three drawer organizer sometime before college to keep all those little school things organized.  Since then it's been doing odds and ends and then it moved to my craft area.  Originally it was black with black handles (who has time for before pictures, haha).  The handles removed and I spray painted them with two coats.  For some reason the paint crinkled.  Do you know why?  Leave a comment below if you have a suggestion.  I've had this problem once before on a mirror frame, but I actually liked the look and was ok with it.



The back of the handles just would not paint, no matter how long I left them to dry they always stuck to the cardboard while I was spray painting the fronts.  I ended up covering the backs with washi tape.  Who's really going to be seeing them anyways?


 
I spray painted the piece that the drawers slide into the same teal blue.  I cut some pieces of washi tape and then used by black on clear label maker to make labels for the drawers.  And this is what it looks like now!



The basket was Josh's laundry basket for college.  I've been using the basket to hold my contact papers and dowels.  I took my can of spray paint and painted it inside and out with the teal blue.  Having a consistent color scheme is really helping the room come together.  Can't wait to show you!

Here is what it looked like before I spray painted it.


As always spray paint in a well ventilated area.  I did this one outside, because who really knew where all that spray paint scatter was going to go.  I did one coat, let it dry for an hour, then did a second coat.  After I applied the second coat I brought it inside to cure.  It is fall now and the weather gets moist at night here.

And when it was done, this is what I got!



It came out great!  I love the Rustoleum spray paint!  It really did cover really well!  Now this little gem sits in the corner under my craft desk holding my contact papers and dowels.  What do you think?


I just put the second coat of paint on the rolling cart tonight.  I'll be putting that back together tomorrow.  It's coming along!

Have fun!
~Echo

 

Comments

Popular Posts