Save the African Violet Project

Hey Everyone!  Things are drying for the craft room renovation.  It's really coming together!  Craft rooms are so difficult to put together, there is so many things!  While I'm waiting for things to dry I decided to do this quick little project.

For Mother's Day I was given an African Violet.  If you know me, I don't have the greenest thumb ever.  Lets just say I killed a cactus in college.  Well that little thing has outgrown its original flower pot.  And it's even flowered!

You know those characters where their heads are bigger then their bodies?  That's my African Violet.

I went to my favorite hardware store, Lowe's and found this potting soil that is perfect for African Violets.  It says it feeds them the special diet they need specifically for African Violets.

I found this pot and base at Joann's.  I loved the look of it.  Not so harsh as the plain terra cotta.  I purchased it using coupons of course!  For only $3!

First, I filled the pot with 1/3 of the pot with the new potting soil.  Then I took the African Violet out of it's original pot and placed it into the new one.  Then I filled around the edges with more soil.  Once it was all filled up to 1/2 inch below the top, it's done!

This makes me giddy excited!  I've been wanting to replant and save my African Violet for a while now.  So glad it's been done!

Have fun!


Popular Posts