Craft Organizer

Hey Everyone!  As a die hard crafter I have tons of nick knacks. Pom poms, jingle bells, beads, rocks, etc.  But what do you do with all those little things?  Well I think I've got the answer!  I remember vaguely seeing this on pinterest a long time ago, but didn't get much information on it.  I found one of these 18 drawer organizers at my local Lowes.  They have different options, but for now I felt like this one was the one for me.  It has 18 drawers that I felt were the right size.  Not too big, but not too small either.



One bonus I found after I brought it home and opened it up was that the drawers each had a capability for a divider.  That's 36 potential spaces.  The package said you could go onto the website and order dividers or call them.  I couldn't find a place to order them and all the reviews said they were cheap.  But I'm Crafty Echo, if I need some, I'll make them out of thin cardboard and cardstock.  When I got it home I was totally grossed out by the color.  Gross industrial blue, yuck!  If you follow me on Instagram (which you should, *hint hint*) then you'll have seen this picture.




Do you know what is hiding in the back?  That's right, my craft organizer!  I took this can of Rustoleum Spray Paint in the color Seaside in a gloss finish and gave it 2 good coats of spray paint.


This is what it looked like after the first coat.  Not bad right?  I really liked this spray paint.  I felt like it covered the plastic organizer really well.  This is the accent color theme I'm going with for the room.  Like the pop of color?  After an hour it said I could spray it with a second coat.  Then after that I let it cure for 24hrs.

Once it was all dry I brought it downstairs to start organizing in it once I put the drawers back in.  It's still a work in progress and when I finalize where everything is going then I want to put labels on the drawers.  What do you think?





How do you organize all your its and bits?

Have fun!




Comments

Popular Posts