Week Wrap Up

Hey Everyone!  Missed me?  It's been a whirlwind of a week and not always in a good way.  Last weekend I was able to get some paint up and work on that blessed 3rd bedroom.  I feel like it's the never ending project.  It's amazing how much one room affects the rest of the house when it is out of commission.  We feel like we're living in chaos.  And well, we kind of are.  Things are not in their designated area or going back into their designated areas because we can't reach them.  Each day after work my babysitter gives me an hour to myself.  Sometimes I go to the gym and other times I come home to work on things.  This week the days I came home I ended up painting the corner desk in the third bedroom.  The thing is a beast!  I ended up painting it a dark gray out of financial necessity.  This basement has cost us an arm and a leg.  If you follow me on Instagram (which you should, *wink wink*), you'll have seen this sneak peak picture.


We did end up ordering the handles for the desk.  We chose some cheaper ones off of ebay that'll work just fine for this desk that we barely use.  I've got to figure out how to rebuild a couple of the drawers.
 
Today I put the kids to work getting the 3rd bedroom cleaned up.  Remind me to never do this again (aka finish off a basement).  What was I thinking? I should have removed the futon frame from the room, it got so messy!  But it was so big and I didn't know where else to put it.  Sigh... we paid the price for that mistake today.




I've still got to finish painting the 3rd bedroom, maybe even a second coat.  It's awful being a perfectionist.  I need to find some paint remover to try to get some paint off the floor.


I've tried so many things to get this stupid paint off the floor.  Besides the obvious of scrapping and scrubbing.  I've tried paint thinner, magic eraser, WD40, vinegar.  Nothing works.  My mom told me to get "Oops".  But of course we don't have that in the south, so I've got to try to find something else that'll work.


I've also still got to put trim around the windows.  Caulk around the trim to make it look nicer.  Paint the door frame and door.  I also want to paint a large picture frame before we hang it back up.  Too much to do!

Have a great weekend and stay tuned!
Have fun!




Comments

Popular Posts