Magazine File

Hey Everyone!  One of the amazing blogs I follow Ciburbanity, posted a question on her Facebook asking what to do with old magazines.  I suggested what I do and she thought it was a great idea.  So today I thought I'd share with you what I do to keep down the clutter and control the magazine chaos!

As magazines come in to the house, they are placed on the side table next to the couch.  I go through them at least two times to make sure I don't miss anything.  The first time I go through them I tab the page at the top.


Then after I'm done going through the magazine the first time I'll leave it for a few days and then come back and possibly go through it again if I feel it's worth it.  The next time I go through them I'll just go to the page that I tabbed and write what I liked about the page with a thin Sharpie marker.  I keep my Sharpie pen hooked onto the inside of the file for easy access.


Then I'll tear out the page and put it in my accordion file.  I got this 5 pocket accordion file from the Target dollar spot a while back.  It works great!


Each section has it's own category such as home decor, home projects, objects, kids crafts, and cleaning/exercise.


This page went into my Home Decor section. This system has saved me tons of space, but also has allowed me to keep those pages that I want to keep for the future.

How do you control the magazine chaos?
Have fun!

Comments

  1. SO smart. Grabbing an accordion file ASAP! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts