Playhouse Renovation Part 1

Hey Everyone!  This weekend we received a playhouse from our neighbor who is moving soon.  I've wanted a playhouse for the kids for a while now, but have you seen the prices?  They range from $100 for a crappy one to $521.99 for a really nice one.  And I am in no mood to build one, so when our neighbor started moving we asked if they planned on moving the playhouse and if they'd sell it to us.  They were great and gave it to us!  Thanks neighbors!  When we got it this weekend it needed a huge cleaning!  Here is what it looked like in the beginning...



Dirt was an understatement.  It had been sitting outside I think they said something close to 35 years.  All it needed was a lot of water, a scrub brush, and a magic eraser.  It literally took me 2 and 1/2 hours to clean this thing, inside and out.  But once it was scrubbed it was a whole different story.  Here is what it looks like now...






A huge difference huh?  I think the windows were originally yellow.  I thought about spray painting the windows, but I've tried spray painting plastic with spray paint for plastics before and it wears off easy.  I'm going to leave them as they are for now.  But I have plans, oh yes, I have more plans.  Stay tuned for the rest of the week of playhouse renovations.

Have fun!





Comments

Popular Posts