Cornhole Paintings

Hey Everyone!  This is a project that I did last year for my coworker's son for his graduation present.  She brought me her cornholes that they had made and that they painted a light gray.  From there it was my turn to paint the school pictures on. 

First I printed out the pictures and traced them with a sharpie onto a sheet protector.




Then I took my sheet projector and projected it on my homemade projector onto the cornhole.  Then from there I traced the projection onto the cornhole.



A bit tedious, but worth it!  From there it was time to paint.  I used acrylic paint to paint them with.  Make sure you look at the original picture to verify colors and begin painting.




Make sure you get help if you need it, here is mine...



For me it took two coats of paint to make the paintings opaque enough.  Once everything is painted, make sure you give it enough time to dry.  I would recommend a clear protectant coating, preferably a spray paint so you don't smudge your works of art with a roller.




And that's it!  A really great idea for a graduation gift if you put the intended college on it, as we did here.


Anyone else been doing some painting?  Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts