Football Field Goal

Hey Everyone!  Hope everyone is good and healthy!  Sorry for the lateness of this post, been sick all day unfortunately!  To finalize week my football craftiness I made this super easy football field goal, and it's super cheap (only $2.80!!!  All you need is a 1/2 inch PVC pipe, (2) 1/2 inch 90 degree pvc slip elbows and (1) 1/2 inch 90 degree pvc tee.



 A quick tip on pvc pipe, if you want to get off the writing use acetone and rub it off.  To cut my pvc pipe I used a miter box cutter.To begin building your field goal, first cut the two top pieces, I cut mine 8 inches long.  For the horizontal bar, I cut two pieces of pvc pipe 6 inches long.  For the bottom piece I cut the pvc pipe 12 inches.  You can make yours whatever size you want.  As usual I got so wrapped up in making the field goal, it wasn't until I was spray painting that I realized I hadn't taken any pictures.  Shame on me.

Once everything is cut, it's time to put it all together.  Place the two 8 inch pieces into the 90 degree slip elbows.  Unfortunately I bought the wrong elbows and had to hot glue the elbows to the two 6 inch pieces.  If you buy the right elbows you should be able to slip the elbows onto the 6 inch horizontal pieces.


Continue by connecting those pieces to the pvc tee.  In the bottom of the tee put your 12 inch pvc pipe that you cut.  And that's it!



You can leave yours white or spray paint it if you'd like.  I chose to spray paint mine yellow since I had that paint already.  Did you know to turn your can upside down and spritz a little to dispel some propellant and get rid of possibilities of clogs after you use your spray paint can?  I didn't, but now I know!

The finished product.


Stick it in a vase, a box, or anything you like.  Make a bottom from pvc pipe so it'll stand up by itself.  Whatever you want to do, the possibilities are endless!

Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts